Architectural Products for Waterproofing
THAIPLAST™ WP CEMENT-ADD
Liquid mixing resin for combination with dry construction mortar, producing a flexible, chemically resistant waterproof membrane for architectural applications (including those subjected to high negative pressures).
The prepared product shows excellent adhesion to concrete and ceramic tile, and it is used to waterproof and protect from cracking. This applies to both new build and under renovation projects, including areas such as terraces, balconies, roofs and cornices. Can be also used to seal showers, ponds, swimming pools and water storage deposits (including drinking water).
For preparation, 25 kg of dry mortar will need 10 kg of THAIPLAST™ WP CEMENT-ADD. Mechanically mix 80% of THAIPLAST™ WP CEMENT-ADD into the dry mortar at low rpm until no lumps are seen. Then mix in the remaining 20% of material until a homogeneous mixture is achieved. Let this rest for around 3 minutes before mixing again. Pot life of the mixture at 20 °C is about 1 hour. If the mixture becomes thicker while using, mechanically mix again; no water addition is needed. Apply using steel trowel, brush, roller or spray gun. Two coats are required, with 4 to 5 hours of drying time in between each one. Typical coverage is 1.5 – 3 kg/m². Drying time until repainting is between 6 to 12 hours.